Help Desk Articles
Here are some popular help desk articles to help guide you through our system.
Please read some of our articles below and if you cannot find your answer, please visit our Help Desk .
How Do I Use My CPD Tracker?
- Access your “CPD Tracker” via the”My Dashboard” button.
- You can locate your “CPD Tracker” on the left side panel
- To find previous CPD records, use the Date Filter located on the top right corner
- To get a copy of your CPD Tracker, click the “generate a report” button
- To print out a copy, select the print button
- You can display all of your courses on screen, only the courses you have completed or those that have yet to be completed in full by using the “Course Summary Information” buttons.
How Do I Start My Courses?
- Log in to your Datalaw Account by selecting “Log in” at the top right of the home page.
- Access My Courses via the Important Shortcuts menu as pictured below.
- Select “My Courses” and click on your course or bundle that you have purchased.
- Select the Area of law from the “Categories” list to find your course e.g Family
- If you would like to view more information on the course click on “read more”
- You can see the course windows listed and you can start viewing the course by selecting “Take Course”
- Click on ‘**Start Lecture**’ to begin
PSRAS Pricing and Requirements
The Police Station Representatives Accreditation Scheme (PSRAS) is the means through which any individual, including those with no previous legal knowledge or background, can train to provide advice and assistance at the police station for which payment is claimed from the Legal Aid Agency (LAA).
Often referred to as the police station representative course or police station accreditation scheme, the PSRAS consists of three assessments; the police station accreditation written exam, the police station accreditation portfolio and the critical incident test.
MCQ Pricing and Requirements
The Magistrates Court Qualification (MCQ) is one of two parts of the membership process for the Law Society’s Criminal Litigation Accreditation Scheme (CLAS), allowing people onto the duty solicitor scheme for police stations and magistrates courts.
You’ll need 12 months of criminal defence practice experience before taking the MCQ.
There are two assessments involved in the MCQ which can be taken in any order: the portfolio & the interview and advocacy assessment
PSQ Pricing and Requirements
If you would like to provide advice and assistance at the police station, for which payment is claimed from the Legal Aid Agency (LAA), you must become an accredited police station representative. Qualified solicitors and barristers can choose which accreditation they want to complete; the Police Station Qualification (PSQ) or the Police Station Representatives Accreditation Scheme (PSRAS).
The Police Station Qualification applies to qualified solicitors (who hold a practising certificate) and barristers who advise in the police station for which payment is not initially claimed from the Legal Aid Agency (LAA). You will be unable to provide legal advice, for which payment is claimed, until you have registered with the Legal Aid Agency as an accredited police station representative.
How Long Can I Access My CPD Course/Bundle For?
- Customers have access to their CPD purchase for a period of 12 months.
- Extended access for up to 24, 36 or 48 months can be purchased at a discounted rate.
- If this is of interest, please contact the Datalaw Team on 0151 236 2024 for further details.
Visit Our Help Desk
For more guidance on how to access our system please visit our Help Desk to see more articles.